It took some time for me to successfully install Oracle Forms and Reports Builder in my Windows 7 64 bit machine, because of the Java version and 32 bit/64 bit issues. So I thought I will add this to my blog, so that it will be useful for others and also for my future reference.
The steps are detailed in this excellent post: Installing Oracle Forms and Reports 11G Release 2.
I will just mention the main points here. For the detailed instructions you can follow the above mentioned blog.
The steps are detailed in this excellent post: Installing Oracle Forms and Reports 11G Release 2.
I will just mention the main points here. For the detailed instructions you can follow the above mentioned blog.
- Install 64 bit JDK. I installed JDK 7u79 (jdk-7u79-windows-x64.exe).
- Install Weblogic Server 10.3.6. Make sure that you download the Generic version (wls1036_generic.jar). I missed this point and wasted 2-3 hours :).
- Install Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 64bit. I installed 11.1.2.2.0. (ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.2.0_64_disk1_1of2.zip & ofm_frmrpts_win_11.1.2.2.0_64_disk1_2of2.zip)
Feel free to point out if anything is missing/wrong in this blog.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe Java and 32-bit/64-bit compatibility issues are exactly the kind of details that can make a Forms and Reports installation unexpectedly time-consuming. The note about using the Generic WebLogic installer was especially useful too—small setup details like that can easily lead to hours of troubleshooting. Nice to have these practical points captured for future reference.
ReplyDeleteOracle Forms to Apex Migration